In recent years, coconut oil has really upped its reputation in not only health but deliciousness. This multi-faceted product is also stocked both in my kitchen and bathroom and with so many amazing benefits, it is clear to see why.
It is known to prevent heart disease, reduce inflammation, and improves memory, digestion and energy, among many other things. This is all when you ingest. When used topically, it is moisturizing and improves many skin issues like eczema, dandruff, psoriasis and even fights tooth decay.
If you aren’t a believer, I’m sure I can make you one! I’m actually especially excited to this post and to share it with you all because food and beauty are two of my favorite topics and this marries the two in the best way! I shared my favorite two recipes with La Tourangelle’s Coconut Oil
below that tap into both good for tastebuds and good for your bod. Not to mention, the star ingredient-coconut oil- is always best by La Tourangelle
because their quality is just amazing so I always love using them. First, check out my moisturizing, natural, healthy, homemade shaving cream that has become a regular in my shower!
Natural Coconut Oil Shaving Cream:
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons of all natural body wash
- 1 aloe vera leaf with gel extracted
- 5 drops of essential oil (lavender is my favorite!)
- Mix ingredients together and place in a mason jar.
- Lather on wet skin before shaving to experience an all natural, smooth shave.
Since using that shaving cream, my legs are softer and knicks and ingrown hairs have decreased tenfold. I highly suggest getting creative and making a special treat for your gambs!
To move on to my other favorite thing, food, of course! I use coconut oil on my homemade strawberry rhubarb mini pies! This is one recipe you won’t want to skip over.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Bites:
- Pie crust (rolled out)
- 8-10 fresh strawberries
- 2 stalks of rhubarb
- La Tourangelle Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter
- A mug and a fork
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice rhubarb and strawberries into very small bites. Place in frying pan with sugar, a spoonful of Coconut oil and a dash of butter. Put on low heat and let simmer until strawberry and rhubarb are soft.
- Take your rolled out pie crust (homemade or store bought work) and use your mug as a cookie cutter to create large circles. Next, place your strawberry/rhubarb ingredients in a circle and fold over to a half circle. Then close the dough with using your fork to indent.
- Next, melt a bit of butter and coconut oil in the microwave and wash the mixture on the mini pies with a cooking brush. Finish off by sprinking sea salt on top for a sweet and salty flavor.
- Place on an ungreased cooking sheet in the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
These pies make for a delicious, fresh and simple dessert that is perfectly served with ice cream or a glass of milk. They go like hotcakes so feel free to double up the recipe if need be! The coconut oil adds an extra twist of flavors that is absolutely scrumptious!
Thank you to La Tourangelle for making this post possible! And thank YOU my lovely readers for supporting the brands who support my blog. Also… Amy Webster, you are so talented! Thank you for the gorgeous collab and pics!